The Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Strategy, Planning and Management:
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regards to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, COO and Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Recruit, interview and hire finance, accounting and payroll staff as required.
- Serve as a key member of executive leadership team and round-table discussion panel.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Interact with and bring department in line with Board of Directors’ plans, initiatives and recommendations.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by Senior Leadership Team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including but not limited to: monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department; supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Participate in weekly meetings with Executive Leadership Team.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations:
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for company’s Board of Directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Ensure SOX compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
- Hire, develop and manage accounting team.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals with Chief Accounting Officer and Regional Controllers.
- Manage cash flow planning process and availability of funds.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analysis to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
Financial Relations and Policies:
- Engage company Executives and/or Board of Directors to develop short term and long-term plans, projections and budgets.
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
Finance and Accounting Team Management:
- Mentor and develop accounting team, manage work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP department, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process
- Actively manage and bring to the industry standard the DSO/DPO statistics.
- 10+ years of years total accounting or finance experience
- 5 years’ experience Direct Sales (Multi-Level) Marketing Required
- CPA Preferred
- Background in Big 4 Public Accounting is a plus
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SOX compliance and SEC reporting.
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
- Experience in partnering with an executive management team
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- “Hands On” ERP Systems Experience preferred- NetSuite is a plus
- Cost Accounting experience preferred
- MBA in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant Preferred
Florida Based Network Marketing Health and Wellness Organization.