The Corporate Counsel is responsible for reviewing and negotiating a broad range of contractual and other transactional matters relating to the Company’s and its affiliates’ business.
- Drafts, reviews, analyzes and negotiates various types of contracts, amendments, confidentiality agreements, responses to requests for proposal and other transactional legal documents.
- Provides legal advice and counseling to internal clients including procurement, communications, vendor relationships, marketing, product development, sales and revenue management.
- Selects and manages outside counsel.
- Monitoring compliance trends and sharing best practices
- Providing advice, on an on-going basis, to business personnel on compliance matters in connection with the day-to-day operation of the company’s business
- Assists in providing legal and professional support to the Company’s corporate and field personnel on a range of legal matters.
- Drafts and otherwise contributes to reports to the Company’s VP of Compliance, Chief Executive Officer, and senior management and auditors.
- Provides training to management and corporate and field personnel.
- Assists with reviewing and drafting Company policies and procedures, contract review processes, department administration, and other matters.
- Is expected to apply superior attention to detail in all contract reviews.
- Works extended hours, as required.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- JD; licensed to practice law and in good standing (required).
- Minimum two years of experience performing the types of legal work listed above under Responsibilities (required).
- Ideally, having experience working in a large corporate or legal environment.
- In-house counsel experience.
- A proven track record demonstrating the ability to independently make decisions regarding complex legal and corporate issues.
- Outstanding written and oral communications.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Excellent judgment.
- High integrity.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans, and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.