The Director of Sales Development acts strategically to plan and direct programs that drive recruiting, sales, and retention.
Key objectives for the Director of Sales Development include building strong relationships with field Executives by inspiring, motivating and mentoring them to achieve their business goals.
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing.
More specifically, the individual in this role should be:
§ Motivational: Is a dynamic, energetic and inspirational leader that can maneuver seamlessly in both a corporate and field environment. Leads, motivates and coaches Field Executives. Defines and communicates sales related policies, procedures and processes related to developing their individual business to meet their performance expectations.
· Inspires: Recognizes the Field Executives for key success milestones, top sales achievers via company’s field recognition program and identifies other recognition opportunities.
· Has passion: Connects and motivates the field by inspiring Field Executives to be true entrepreneurs; Deliver Sales/training/coaching calls, webinars, social media events, field visits and speaking on stage at in-person field events.
· Builds alignment: Ensures content and messaging is aligned throughout the sales field. Interfaces with all cross-functional areas to effectively support corporate projects.
· Collaborates: Bridges the gap between corporate strategy and field execution while representing the voice of the field internally to cross-functional departments.
· Drives strategy: Develops and evaluates annual sales and expense plan. Reviews market analysis to determine Field Executive’s needs, potential volumes and promotional campaigns. Researches and develops programs or enhancements to current business modules. Works closely with the Marketing team to develop strategic plans.
· Is data driven: Plans, directs, coordinates, integrates and completes sales objectives, strategies, and promotional programs to ensure that corporate goals or objectives are accomplished within the prescribed timeframe. Develops forecasts and budgets
· Is tech savvy: Guide the identification and implementation of appropriate field-based training technology, Develop, deploy and support reporting vehicles for internal and external customers.
- 5+ years in a corporate sales leadership position
- 5+ years corporate leadership within a Direct Selling organization
- Proven results with field development and sales strategy (be prepared to document and provide references)
- Experience creating and executing on strategy, forecasting and budgets relating to sales development.
- Party Plan sales development experience.
- Start up experience a plus but not required.
- This position is based in Chandler Arizona.
- Compensation for this position will be a combination of salary + bonus and is in line with industry average for a Director level position
- Full benefits offered after probationary period.
This executive search is being handled exclusively by Hanna Shea Executive Search. Any candidates interested in this opportunity should contact email@example.com directly. Please send a copy of your resume and subject of email as Sale Director –Arizona for our consideration.