Beautycounter is a disruptive beauty brand that creates and sells safer, high-performing skin care and color cosmetic products. Our mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. We work toward this mission by creating best-in-class products with ingredients that have passed our rigorous ingredient selection process. We also work on market and policy initiatives to raise the bar of safety for the entire cosmetics industry. We pride ourselves on our commitment to transparency.
Reporting into the VP Creative Director, the Director of Video Production will oversee the Beautycounter in-house video team to drive brand awareness of our mission to get safer products into the hands of everyone.
- Direct selected video projects through all phases of production from concept and pre-production through post-production and delivery.
- Oversee key ongoing video projects including weekly and monthly corporate communication videos, and training videos.
- Lead and manage a small team of editors, a videographer and motion graphics designer on projects including both internal resources and external partners.
- Conduct research for upcoming projects and present production plans. This includes developing concepts, pitching projects, and working on mood boards.
- Engage external production companies and agencies on selected projects when needed: create project briefs, oversee bidding process, negotiate contracts and manage agency through full production process.
- Manage video shoot budgets for projects:
- Create prelim project budgets for internal partners for projection purposes.
- Create RFP s for projects, identify appropriate production partners based on budget and creative and then oversee bidding process.
- Responsible to ensure project comes in on budget. Candidate must have a full understanding of all production expenses and be able to quickly problem-solve. logistical and creative production issues as they arise and impact bottom line.
- Break down scripts and create shot lists for shoots.
- Schedule & manage internal and external resources for video shoots when needed.
- Create equipment rental lists and work with Project Manager for any required rentals.
- Manage all vendor agreements, talent agreements, crew agreements and clearance rights for projects. Coordinate with Legal Department on all necessary paperwork and negotiate terms with vendors, crew and talent as needed. For both internal and external partners, ensure all proper Talent Agreements, Crew Agreements, Clearances and Music Licensing are secured and properly archived.
- Oversee shooting and editing for weekly and monthly corporate communication videos and social video content.
- Ensure all videos are executed to best practices and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to produce and manage multiple projects at once.
- Experience with all aspects of video production from shooting, lighting, editing, and on set direction.
- Proven success leading a crew on set and directing Talent.
- Fluency with various video formats for Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo and YouTube.
- Familiar with Dropbox, Frame.io and REV (Transcriptions, Translation, and Captions).
- Great leadership and strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must take creative direction and feedback well and be able to collaborate with a team.
- Outstanding organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- A positive, easy-going and collaborative demeanor.
- BA in Communications/Media, Film or related major.
- 12-15 years experience producing and developing video content for various digital platforms.
- Past experience producing and managing short form and long form content.
- Background in beauty, fashion, entertainment or similarly related digital consumer media desired.
- Marketing, agency, or in-house experience a plus.
- Knowledge of video best practices, landscape and ability to recognize stories that will inspire viewers.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as MAC OS required.