We are currently seeking a Principal Engineer to lead engineering efforts in our Collaboration Division. The Collaboration group is responsible for Saba’s rich set of social networking, collaboration and online learning tools, including the Saba Meeting Suite, an online learning environment that combines a highly interactive virtual classroom learning, e-meeting, and Web seminar platform to enable eLearning and collaborative Web conferencing across the globe. To provide ubiquitous access to a media-rich collaboration environment, a successful candidate will have Client -side component experience with browsers on Windows, Mac and Linux desktops, WebRTC application technology and server -side experience with Web-based and real-time VoIP (audio and video). This is an exceptional opportunity to participate in both company and customer driven strategic product development initiatives. We need pragmatic, curious, self-motivated engineers with technology and market awareness as we implement the course for our future products.
The qualified candidate will be part of the Collaboration Product Team and will be responsible for designing and developing software solution to support our core Saba Meeting Collaboration products. In this role you will play an integral part in producing the next major release in our product roadmap and have a significant impact on integrating cutting edge technologies and features into a robust collaboration platform.
• Design and implement highly distributed and scalable components within the Saba Collaboration Product Suite
• Responsibilities will include all levels of development from architecture through implementation, unit testing and release.
• Ability to lead change, be personally adaptable, & manage multiple priorities effectively.
• Solve complex software systems problems and leverage state-of-the-art technology.
• Work closely with product management to translate business requirements into technical designs.
• Analyzing and clarifying requirements to create functional and design specifications.
• Participate in architecture and design reviews to help define, design, and implement complex, multi-tier distributed software applications.
• Ability to participate in distributed teams to deliver iteration deliverables and manage projects within scope of responsibility.
• Must be able to factor performance and scalability considerations into the product all the way from requirements through implementation – to create a highly performance, responsive, robust solutions.