Senior Network Engineer will be part of the SABA Cloud Operations team and will be responsible for managing network infrastructure in our Cloud datacenters. Part of responsibilities include designing, building and managing state of the art network to support distributed computing environment, operating systems, middleware, services layer abstraction and operational API – taking our vision of global ecommerce SaaS platform to reality. Our goal is to manage a platform used by customer and maintain 99.999% availability and scale the environment to support the ever changing customer needs.
Success in this role requires very strong technical skills, a broad background and understanding of every layer of the systems ecosystem. It is absolutely critical that you have skills to work in a dynamic, fast paced technical environment and believe in teamwork.
- Ensure the platform maintains 99.9% uptime. Work towards a target of platform availability to 99.99%
- Responsible for the overall health of all SABA Cloud Product portfolios.
- Technical analysis and resolution of customer issues; balance technology needs with business, customers needs and demands.
- Responsible for all technology stacks that supports a customer service. This includes the Network, Server HW, and Operating System, Middleware technologies, Java and Web applications.
- Collaborate with team members, lead/represent the team on specific projects and responsible for mentoring other members of the team
- Monitor protocol compatibility, perform system tuning, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Integrate and schematically depict communications architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Participate in design of network architecture and infrastructure.
- Assist in the implementation of new network architecture, network projects and upgrades.
- Lead discussions with vendors, providers and technical support teams.
- Perform network problem resolution and assist in the development and documentation of technical standards and interface applications.
- Evaluate new products and services.
- Provide data on system and application network activity, and give interpretation and guidance to relevant stakeholders
- Detect, diagnose, and resolve network problems using methods that minimally impact production environment function
- Document and maintain the Network layout and related SOP and process
- Monitor network utilization, capacity, and quality utilizing tools such as check_mk, nagios and Solarwinds
- Participate in infrastructure capacity planning and expansion activities.
- Participate in on-going disaster recovery testing.
- Actively participate in identifying and resolving complex functional issues, helping to identify or rule out network issues in a 24×7 production environment
- Maintain network security controls and compliance on all network hardware
- Work with security team to establish network security standards and assess network vulnerability
- Maintain a service oriented environment focused on problem prediction, detection and resolution
- Complete additional tasks as assigned
- BS or equivalent
- 8+ years Data network engineering experience
- CCNA AND CCNP desirable
- CCVP a plus
- Must possess an understanding of TCP/IP, SSL management, routing, access control lists, security, firewall and network traffic analysis. In addition, must be Internet savvy with regards to security, DNS, SMTP and Virtual Private Networks
- Extensive management and configuration experience with Cisco edge routers/switches and Firewall, Remote Access servers, BGP, OSPF, HSRP, NAT, Layer 2 and Layer 3 VLANs, Fast/Gig Etherchannel, L7 filtering, Monitoring tools like Solar Winds and load balancing using F5 load balancers.
- Strong experience with Juniper SRX firewalls and Sky ATP.
- Experience in supporting SaaS/cloud applications ideally around collaboration tools preferred.
- Experience with physical layer technologies-Gig/10G Ethernet, CAT5/6 cabling, Fiber cabling
- A Very good hands on experience with Cisco Nexus switches, Nexus 7k, Nexus 5k, Nexus 2k, Nexus 3k, Nexus 9k is strongly desirable
- Experience with SDN and ONF
Ability to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- Must be self-motivated with strong sense of ownership
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal communications skills and ability to deal effectively with customers, peers and management.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Dynamic, innovative and capable of garnering the respect and trust of team and cross-functional teams
- Has a commitment to our work and cares about others