We are looking for a Senior Tax Analyst to be responsible for US and Canadian tax reporting, compliance and planning. This position will establish and lead an effective and efficient tax function that will proactively support the business in tax compliance and advisory, with special focus on the requirements and impact on the Company’s partners.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on individual who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, global work environment, who has a strong technical background, knowledge and experience. The candidate must possess the confidence and attitude to drive results and collaborate and communicate effectively.
- Responsible for all aspects of the tax function for the partnership and the individual partners, including domestic and international requirements.
- Responsible for the quarterly partnership tax distributions in compliance with the partnership operating agreement.
- Manage 3rd party tax advisors and tax preparers, and assist in the preparation and/or review of federal and state partnership tax returns.
- Assist in the planning and execution of international statutory filings required for each country for which the company has a taxable presence, including Canada and China.
- Lead the process of establishing/amending intercompany agreements and any related fees and/or transfer prices in support of proper tax treatment of transactions between legal entities.
- Provide functional expertise in analyzing income tax consequences of new and non-standard transactions.
- Identify and drive execution of tax strategies that will minimize tax liabilities, both financial and cash related, and both domestically and internationally.
- Drive both short and long term tax strategies for the company and partners with appropriate third party tax advisors as required.
- Drive cost efficiencies for tax-related services by streamlining processes and providing in-house support.
- Perform tax research for various tax matters and prepare all technical tax memos.
- Manage the preparation, logistics and response to all tax audits, including negotiation of any resulting assessments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with a concentration in Accounting or Tax
- CPA and/or Master’s degree in Taxation preferred
- 3-5 years of tax experience in a combination of public accounting and industry positions
- Partnership tax accounting and federal/state tax compliance experience required
- Experience with International tax structures and transfer pricing a plus
- Experience with indirect taxes such as sales and use, GST, VAT, property and nonresident withholding a plus
- Proficiency with Avalara tax software a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to independently think through business situations, identify tax issues and present relevant solutions/alternatives
- Possesses exceptional resource management and prioritization skills, and is capable of managing multiple tasks and adhering to strict deadlines
- Proven ability to successfully partner with internal business units and outside advisors
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team-based work environment
Compensation & Benefits:
You will participate in a compensation program that includes a competitive base salary and performance based bonus opportunities. Stella & Dot also offers comprehensive health plans, a flexible vacation policy, 401k matching, and more.