Reporting directly to the CEO, the Vice President of Finance is vital in providing financial leadership and
aligning business and finance strategy to drive business development. The VP of Finance will navigate Origami
Owl’s growth in new markets, manage risk, provide objective counsel, and bring analytical rigor to strategic
choices. This executive will also manage Origami Owl’s finance function including treasury, financial reporting,
accounting, cash flow management, financial modeling, and developing financial systems to improve
profitability. The VP will possess critical FP&A leadership and will oversee all financial planning, reporting and
analytics for the company. Surface trends and insights to the organization leaders and the board of directors.
This executive will develop a deep understanding of the business and help devise strategies to grow
profitability and manage risk within the Corporate Mission Statement.
• Key partner with CEO/Board of Directors to ensure appropriate financial management and compliance
of the organization.
• Consultative leadership, people, and business skills are crucial in this VP role
• Mastery of both numbers and data to drive growth and alignment
• Align business model with both short & long term qualitative and quantitative measures of success
• Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information,
analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in
line with organizational objectives.
• Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements;
determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems;
accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
• Provide data and analytical thought leadership to ensure proper use of methodologies for all planning
and analysis activities to achieve revenue generation, understanding variabilizing, and controlling costs.
• Establish strategies, plans, and processes to drive growth or improve profitability and cost efficiencies
• Lead variance analysis comparing financial results and key metrics to plan and prior periods.
• Deliver clear explanations and consultative analyses to senior management that translate findings into
• Demonstrate multidimensional thinking to move fluidly between creative problem solving and strategic
• Ability to navigate in the gray; demonstrate sound decision making in the face of ambiguity
• Manage present and increasing risk by building resiliency and strengthening business model
• Provides oversight of the organization’s financial management and all compliance needs; leading staff
on day to day needs while moving organization forward on strategic initiatives.
• Participates in determining long-term strategy, evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range
planning; proposes ideas for new revenue streams or more cost-effective avenues.
• Maintain adequate sources of capital for the companies needs and manage banking relations including
required monthly reporting.
• Keen ability to analyze non-financial value & drivers on variables such as intellectual property and
intangible assets and the impact on financial data/results.
• Invested focus on talent acquisition and retention to mitigate cost of turnover impact while partnering to
create a structured-competency framework in which the organization operates.
• Develops and monitors key indicators, prepares and/or reviews operational, project and departmental
budgets, communicating underlying deviations on a timely basis.
• Identifies key process improvement opportunities, driving the organization toward more scalable
• Strong managerial skills that inspires others, values accountability, lives our Foundational Structure and
• Possess an entrepreneurial mindset with the courage to propose new directions for the strategy
execution in an environment where the next few years will see high growth in the business
• Takes a leadership role in establishing a three to five-year financial plan supporting the overall strategic
• Demonstrated strong desire and ability to work directly with operations to implement, maintain, and
utilize a back-office system to provide operators, other executives, and investors with highest quality
metrics management and information
• Strong presentation skills in one-on-one executive briefings and large audience settings
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Direct Selling Industry experience highly preferred
• BA/BS degree in accounting, finance or other related field
• CPA and/or an MBA are highly desirable
• Eight plus years’ experience in a financial management role and multiple years in a VP role
• Strong understanding of GAAP
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong excel and power point skills
• Experience implementing new systems in a fast-growing company
• Strong experience leading a team, building out accounting processes and controls
These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. While
performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to sit continuously to perform essential job functions
throughout the entire shift. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods, throughout the
day. Requires interacting with others, interpreting spoken messages, constant keyboarding, sitting, hearing and
talking are required. The employee will occasionally stand and walk, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting
of the upper body, kneeling, being mobile on even surfaces, squeezing and crouching are also required. Requires
infrequent lifting and carrying of 1-25 pounds.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities,
skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the
position’s activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.